9 Holistic Habits You Need to Form in 2019
This New Year is all about body positivity for the Allebach Photography studio. Stay tuned for more tips and tricks on how to keep yourself not just healthy, but happy for 2019.
- Practice self-love – Add a positive affirmation to your daily morning routine. Affirmations can be a great way to turn off those voices in our heads that tell us we’re not good enough and build self-confidence. Take a look in the mirror and tell yourself one thing you love about yourself. Were you proud of how you held yourself at a particular work meeting? Or do you simply think you look spectacular in the outfit you chose for yourself? Anything goes!
- Take a deep breath – Take the time each day to sit quietly and get in tune with your breath. Whether that means signing up for a yoga class or just being mindful throughout the day, your body will be sure to thank you next time it finds itself in a stressful situation. When negative emotions run high, your breath becomes short and shallow. Deep breathing acts as a cushion that helps you process stressful events more quickly.
- Own the compliments you get – The next time someone pays you a compliment, instead of downplaying it, accept it gracefully and thank the person complimenting you. For whatever reason, many of us struggle to accept compliments without awkward fumbling or straight up denial. Own your compliment, you deserve it!
- Unplug and get some rest – Getting a good night’s sleep is extremely underrated – and in the age of cell phones it can be even harder to get the recommended 7 to 8 hours of sleep we need to function as human adults. At night, place your phone on silent on the complete opposite side of the room so you’re not tempted to check your emails or Twitter feed in the middle of the night.
- Ditch the negative social media accounts – Are those picture perfect Instagram accounts giving you severe FOMO? Unfollow! Social media can trick us sometimes into feeling more connected, when the reality is, the more time we spend on it the less happy we end up being with our own lives. If you find yourself constantly comparing yourself to someone else and his or her experiences, do yourself a favor and ditch that account.
- Find an activity you enjoy – We don’t all need to be gym sharks to stay fit and happy. Think back to what you loved doing as a child. We you a big fan of Frisbee? Try joining an Ultimate Frisbee team. Were you more of an artsy type? Pack up your paints and walk to the nearest park for some inspiration. Having a fun hobby can turn into a passion and boost the quality of your life.
- Spend time with loved ones – It’s no secret that spending time with our family and friends makes us happier, but did you know that in addition to curbing depression, it can actually prevent premature death? And getting it on with our special loved ones is even better! There’s tons of research that show that sex is great for your health – it lowers stress, helps relieve migraines and boosts your immunity, just to name a few benefits.
- Learn a new recipe to try at home – Why go out and spend a couple hundred bucks on a meal when you can enjoy the same thing with your partner at home for much less (and have much more fun doing it!) Besides being a fun bonding experience for the two of you, cooking your own food gives you more control over what goes in your body and how much of it. You can make healthy ingredient swaps if you choose, as well as control portion sizes. Put on an apron and get experimenting!
- Grab that water bottle – Water is life, literally. Our bodies are made up of more than 60% of the stuff and its health benefits are enormous. In addition to increasing energy levels and elevating our mood, water can boost the immune system, flush out toxins and can be a natural remedy for headaches. Carry a water bottle with you in your purse or bag so you never have to go without it.
Book your session today at 610.539.6920 or visit our website at https://allebachphotography.com/contact.