Today I received confirmation that I am now in the Google Authorship program. There are huge search engine benefits to this which I will explain shortly. YOU NEED TO APPLY TODAY!
Several weeks ago I attended a Google + seminar by Lynette Young. She is an author of the upcoming book “Google+ for Small Business” . She said if you only do one thing from this talk sign up for Google+ to apply for Authorship.
What is Authorship?
Have you noticed head shots appearing in your search recently? This is the authorship program. Authorship is a way for Google to link the content that you write with your head shot! People click on content they feel they can trust, so having a nice head shot next to your blog article gives you a huge advantage over the next link.
Extra bonus if the people search your exact name…they may see a box on the right with all your stats and contact info from Google+.
Create a Google+ Profile
- Remember to upload a high quality headshot and fill out some profile information such as hometown, etc.
- Go to plus.google.com/authorship, sign up with your email and click on the verification link we send you.
- New! See analytics for your content in search.
- Distinguish and validate your content in search results.
- Get more followers on Google+.
- Help readers discover your other content on the web.
Additional Tip for Getting Google Authorship
Be careful what profile links you have in Google+. Make sure they all go to sites that only you post to.
Hope you found this practical. Let me know how the process goes for you in the comment section below.